Is managing your commercial space’s cleanliness becoming a hectic task for your facility management staff? If yes, then maybe it’s time to hire janitorial service providers. If you are reading this, it means that you are already planning to hire one. While you know what all things you must consider before hiring a company, here are a few questions that you MUST ask them so that you don’t end up with the wrong company.
The most crucial aspect that you must see while hiring a janitorial service provider is the kind of services they provide. It is essential to understand if they provide all sorts of services that you are looking for. If you are only looking for your office’s cleaning and maintenance services, it will be easy to find the right provider by asking a few questions. But if you are looking for a complete package with different kinds of services then you may have to ask a couple of more questions. In any case, make sure you don’t miss out on asking any of these questions.
- Is the company strictly a janitorial company or do they also specialize in other services of interest?
- What kind of other services does the company provide along with janitorial services?
- Does the company do its own work or do they subcontract out?
- What do their cleaning services include?
- How do they ensure quality-of-work?
- Do they do quality assurance inspections?
- How frequently should you use their services?
- Will the same cleaner or cleaners continually maintain your facility?
- Can they accommodate cleaning emergencies?
When you hire a janitorial service provider, you want them to be easily reachable. Imagine you hire a company, and someday, you face an issue with the staff they appoint. Or the appointed staff member doesn’t turn up one day. You will have to reach out to the company to understand what went wrong or explain your concern. But what if the janitorial company isn’t easy to reach out to? Your office’s cleanliness will be compromised. Hence, it is better to ask these customer service-related questions to the janitorial service provider well in advance to understand how readily available they will be when you need them the most.
- What customer service systems do they have in place?
- How and when would they be communicating with you (e.g. phone, email, in-person)?
- Are you able to contact them when you need to?
It is essential to know the kind of janitorial supplies a company uses. You need to understand whether the company uses quality products or not. And a few extra questions will help you understand whether the company manufactures their own janitorial supplies or at least sells them from a third-party brand. Or else you will have to spend time and buy the right janitorial supplies for the staff members to use.
- Do they use their own manufactured janitorial supplies? Or do they buy third-party cleaning products?
- If yes, which companies do they prefer buying their products from?
- Do they use environmentally friendly products and or equipment?
- Are they part of a purchasing group?
- How quickly will they provide janitorial supplies?
- Will you have to pick cleaning products or will the company deliver them to you?
- Can you order janitorial supplies online from their website or mobile application? Do they have an online store?
Cost is a very important factor when it comes to hiring the right janitorial service provider. You will obviously have a budget for office cleaning services, just like other essentials in your office. To avoid going overboard and exceeding your budget, it is necessary to clear all your payment and billing-related doubts well in advance. If you don’t ask these questions while hiring a company, you might end up paying more or get into payment scams later.
- How frequently do they bill? Are they able to do a 30 or 45-day net?
- Which particular costs are included in their invoices?
- What are the modes of payment they accept?
When people come and work on your commercial property, they will be your responsibility. Any mishap or accident that happens while people provide cleaning services will be your liability. However, when you hire a reputed janitorial service providing company, they cover their workers no matter where they are employed. This means that if you appoint people from reputed companies on your property, you won’t have to worry about the costs of injury, damage, or loss. Plus, you won’t even be blamed. But you can be worry-free only if you know that the company you are hiring has covered its people. And for that, you will have to ask these questions before hiring the company.
- Do they carry liability insurance and what are their coverage limits?
- Do they have workers comp insurance coverage for their employees?
- What is covered in the insurance?
- How quickly will they respond if their worker is injured or if any mishap happens?
Apart from these, you must also ask extra questions like,
- How many years have they been in business?
- Are all the cleaners background checked?
- What are the training requirements for their workers?
- Do they offer their employees opportunities to receive specialized training or certification?
- If so, what are the requirements for recertification?
- What is their average client longevity?
- Who are some of their higher profile clients?
- Is the company is part of a big company or family owned and operated?
- Are they Certified Industry Management Standard (CIMS) Certified?
You can call Peakman Management on 1-587-329-0990 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to all these questions and clear all your doubts. We are Canada’s reputed single-source facility service provider and supplier.